+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: B-r-a-z-z c2 vts progress

Member Regular Poster B-R-A-Z-Z is on a distinguished road B-R-A-Z-Z's Avatar
    C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

Thumbs up B-r-a-z-z c2 vts progress - pic heavy

THE INTRODUCTION

Hi all, first of all i have to say it is my first progress thread i have ever done so be nice lol :P

Having said that, all feedback is welcome, so please have your say.

I will be updating this first post with everything i do then posting a reply to say it has been updated, this way it keeps all the updates together and will make it an easy read for everyone..

Please feel free to subscribe to the thread to ensure your kept updated

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

THE BEGINNING

So here i go...

Bought My C2 VTS in late November 2012 from Derbyshire (If it was someones from on here then give me a shout).
    Got it for 1600 with 45k on the clock, it had previously been a cat D but has been repaired back to factory standard with all documents etc. to prove it.
    Drove it back to Preston with no problems at all.

A few days later the battery light and other lights started playing up but a new battery fixed them all.

It wasnt standard by any means when i bought it, it had the following mods:
    17" Wolfrace Eurosport Rims
    FK Highsport Coilovers
    Full Body Kit
    Fiberglass Bonnet
    Bonnet Catch And Sensor Removed
    Spec-R Induction Kit
    Flat Wipers
    Rear Tints
    Rear Chrome Lexus Lights (not a big fan of them myself)
    Black Angel Eye Headlights
    Cat Back Exhaust - not sure of the make
    Debadged
    15mm Spacers All Round
    Sony Headunit
    12" Fusion Sub with built in Amp

IMG_0588.jpg IMG_0591.jpg

Future plans are:
    Lower front end some more
    Wind deflectors
    Smooth the body kit onto the car
    Smoked rear lights
    Smoked side repeaters
    Change the grill
    Refurbish the rims
    New fog lights
    Sunstrip
    Remove ariel
    HID's
    Bright white LED bulbs for halo rings
    New brakes, pads and discs
    De-Wiper
    Remove Rear Seats

Interior Bulbs
    Reg plate bulbs

New reg plates
    Better sound system
    Black carbon wrap the bonnet
    Start engine mods

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 1

After a few days i nipped to halfords for a sunstrip (last one and bent to buggery) and had a few stickers lying around from previous cars so stuck them all on.

IMG_0611.jpg IMG_0612.jpg IMG_0617.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 2

I now have on order some halo fog lights, 100W xenon bulbs for all front lights, team heko wind deflectors, club stickers, xenon interior bulbs and bright white halo bulbs for the headlights so will update when its all arrived and i have a few more pics etc.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 3

White halo ring LED's arrived.
    A quick pic to show the difference and a daytime shot of them once changed.

IMG_0631.jpg IMG_0634.jpg

On the same day my Team Heko wind deflectors arrived so i fitted them.

IMG_0625.jpg IMG_0626.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 4

I then decided to remove my rear seats as i never use them.

IMG_0635.jpg

New interior xenon bulbs, reg plate xenon bulbs and LED's for headlights also came while i was removing the rear seats.

IMG_0640.jpg IMG_0641.jpg IMG_0642.jpg IMG_0643.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 5

Club stickers then arrived.

IMG_0637.jpg IMG_0638.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 6

Decided to de-wiper the rear, followed a guide on here but still couldn't get it off for fudge so took a hacksaw to to it in the end.

IMG_0644.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 7

Bought some carbon vinyl wrap for my roof and started on that, was doing well on my own then stupidly asked my mum to hold one side to try make it easier, guess what... she only ended up ripping a chunk out of it.
    I didn't have enough left to redo the roof so i decided to do the back strip under the window with what i had left, kinda rushed it and ended up with a few bubbles.

IMG_0656.jpg IMG_0675.jpg IMG_0676.jpg

I now have some more carbon wrap on its way so i will hopefully have my bonnet, roof and mirror caps done soon with any other bits i think of.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 8

OK, so my headlight bulbs came today (100w instead of 55w) thought they would be noticeably different but i cant really tell...
    Oh and i must have hit my upload limit on photos or something so they will be large ones from photobucket from now on lol.

Original 55w bulbs.

Upgraded 100w halogen bulbs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 9

I have been wanting to change my theme up a bit so i thought i would go for a black with red vibe as my induction kit hose was already red.

So i started off cheep and got some interior LED bulbs and painted some mesh ready to go on the front bumper.

Front interior light with red LED bulb.

And the boot light with a red LED bulb.

I also got a pic of the now white halo rings in the dark as i only had daytime pics up that you cant see too well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 10

I have now got rid of the crappy red LED interior bulbs and gone back to the xenon ones, the red LED bulbs had terrible light output plus i have decided to go for a black with white theme now as black and red can easily be too much too quick and also everyone does black with red...

With the black and white theme i plan on doing the following to try and be a little different:

Paint calipers white
    Paint mesh white
    White wrap on roof
    White wing mirror covers
    White boot strip under rear window
    Get chrome bits on rims sprayed white (or new rims)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 11

I wont be doing any major changes for a few weeks now because i have my tax due at the end of the month, MOT due on the 20th and my service due as soon as i can fit it in.

Some small changes will still be done though like a white painted grill and anything else i can afford to do with available time and money

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 12

As the service was due i took my chance while the weather was deciding to hold up.
    Got the parts and some fresh oil then went at servicing it myself as its much cheaper than taking it to be done by a garage and i know whats been done with no short cuts taken.

Anyway i got that done a bit quicker than i thought and had a bit of time on my hands so as i had decided i was going to go for a black and white theme i thought i would start by painting some mesh white ready to on the next day.

When i came to put it on i thought it be best to install my halo fog lights while the bumper was off, this didn't come as easy as i thought as the original fogs wouldn't slide out due to the aftermarket bumper part being in the way so i had to split the bumper down into 3 parts

The original bottom bit, the aftermarket bottom bit, and the top grill section.

However this did make it easier to fit the mesh parts.

I also carbon wrapped a couple of small bits while i was waiting for the sealant to dry on the mesh.

The carbon wrapped bits.

And when i finally got to put it all back together this is what it turned out like.

I then got a bit bored later on and decided to wrap my inside door handles.

I will post a pic of them fitted once its daylight and my shitty camera on my 3gs can pick them up lol.

A quick pic of them just after being wrapped.

And heres some pics of them fitted as promised.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 13

So I kind of lied when i said nothing much would be happening as i had a little more money than i thought

Firstly i thought i best to book my MOT so that's now on the weekend.
    Fingers crossed it all goes well.

I have also just ordered these:

Rear black smoked lights http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2512022406...84.m1497.l2649
    Black smoked side repeaters http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3210005940...84.m1497.l2649
    2x cold air feed pipes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170727103529?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1497.l2649
    New badge for engine bay (carbon with white chevrons) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2512109417...84.m1497.l2649

Hopefully they wont take too long to arrive and i can get them fitted and get some pics up to show how they look

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 14

Just a quick and small update.

I got a couple of stickers through the post today so put them on.

I dont know if they look a little tacky and weather or not to keep them on or just get rid..
    ..Will probably decide tomorrow after i have seen how they look in the daylight.

Crap pics because of my phone and the lighting so i will try to remember to get some during the day tomorrow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 15

OK, my smoked side repeaters came today in the post so i have fitted them and also taken some day time pics of the stickers.

Car is filthy because of the dirt track into work so apologies for that.

Here are the day time pics of the stickers.

And the side repeaters before.

And the side repeaters after.

Again, sorry for the car being so dirty.
    It does get washed every weekend but is a mess by the end of the week again.

My cold air feed pipes also came today.

A few pics of them out the box.

I wont be fitting them yet as I'm waiting for this to arrive first then i can do it all in one go.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 16

Just another quick update.

My dusty's arrived today so i have put them on and gave the car a quick clean.

These are the dusty's i got, some black and silver grenade ones, didn't get dice because everyone seems to get them..

The cleaned car.

And just another pic of the smoked side repeaters when the car is clean and not filthy lol.

I also have my car booked in for the bonnet to be black carbon wrapped on Thursday afternoon as well, hopefully this should look pretty decent even though it is on a black car.

I then got bored and decided to carbon wrap some more engine bay stuff.

firstly i cleaned it all up.

Then went and wrapped it, well not all of it but bits of it.

I will have to take some pics during the daylight of it in my engine bay because my camera wont pick it up in the dark.

Seen as i only had a few strips of carbon wrap left and i was bored (again) I then decided to give my mums hairdryer an update along with my tv remote.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 17

This update is going to be more words than pics due to what has happened today.

So my car went in for its MOT this morning, got there and realized i had forgot my phone so i couldn't take any pics.

Anyway first thing it went on the rolling road and was fine
    Then got the headlight levels checked and was fine
    The guy started writing stuff down...

...then BOOM all of a sudden my car started to have some sort of seizure....

It suddenly revved up to 2500 and sat there
    About 20-30 seconds later all of the dashboard lights came on
    Then the wipers went on
    Then slowly 1 by 1 the dashboard lights went off and so did the wipers
    Another 20-30 seconds later they all came back on again at the same time
    Then the engine stalled...

Tried to start it back up again and it wasn't having it
    We then jump started it and it seemed to be fine again

After about 20-30 seconds of it running fine it all happened over again but in a different order...
    So after jump starting it again we checked the alternator and it wasn't holding its charge
    We then tried to move the car from where it was to check it properly and found there was no revs... (foot down on accelerator and nothing, still sat at 2500)

Turned the engine off and had to jump start it again.
    This time the accelerator was working so I gave it a few more revs while the battery pack was still attached
    Since then everything has been running fine again (touch wood)
    The alternator is now holding its charge and revs and lights are back to normal.

The MOT guy said he has never seen anything like it before..
    ..and to be honest, neither have I

So we put that little miss hap to one side and carried on with the MOT test.
    Guess what!..
    ...It failed

Oh and then to add to the pain, i now have some nice long scratches under my side skirts as the car was a bit too low to go up on the ramps and scraped...

Anyway back to the actual MOT, the advisories and why it failed...

It had 1 advisory saying back passenger seats and seat belts where not present at time of test. (that's nothing and being ignored..)

The two things it failed on where:
    1) Offside rear fog light bulb not working (replaced bulb and is now fine)
    2) Offside front ball joint was totally gone (again i have replaced it is now fine)

Cost a total of 46.29.
    35 for the MOT and 11.29 for the ball joint and bulb.

Retest is on Monday so it should be fine now. (touch wood again)

And so here are a few crappy pics.

The knackered ball joint.

And a few pics of the engine bay now that its daylight and you can see the carbon wrapped bits, also i got the sticker through for the engine bay although the chevrons on it are wonky.

And yes that is a stick to hold my bonnet open :/
    I plan on getting a gas strut when i have a spare bit of money.

Also some tw@ has peeled some letters off one of my stickers so I'm going to have to remove it now.

All in all its not really been too good of a day for me or my car lol.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 18

Right so i took my car for its MOT retest today and it went through with no problems.

I got home and my rear light had arrived, its too dark to take pics at the moment so i will upload them tomorrow when i get some pics in the daylight.

I also removed all the stickers on the back window apart from the stig one, again, pics will be taken tomorrow.
    The back looks a little plain now though so some more stickers are needed to brake it up i think, picture ones this time and not writing lol.

And that's about all that i can say for this update..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 19

OK, as promised here are the pics of the rear lights and stickers taken off.

Sorry for the car being dirty, as i have said in a previous update there is a dirt track into work so the car can get filthy during the week.

I did give it a quick hose down but that's all i have time for on my lunch break.

And i know this is a little off topic but just a quick pic of what i get up to in work when its quiet lol.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 20

Well because work is so quiet at the min i decided to take a half day holiday, i got home and found that the duct for my cold air feed had been left with a neighbor so i have collected that and was thinking about trying to fit it...

However, after looking what sort of room i have for the hoses i will have to hack away at some plastic behind the bumper to get the feeds through and then even after that i don't know where i can run them to feed towards the air filter

Anyway, here are some pics of what i have to try and work with..

And the amount of room i have is minimal to say the least..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 21

Right so i went to get my bonnet carbon wrapped today, very pleased with the outcome

You cant really see it until you get up close though, it kind of blends in with the car colour then when you get closer you can see its carbon.

Here are a few pics.

Oh and decided to take the carbon off the strip under the back window as some little bugger had started to peel it off
    I will be getting this re done in white carbon along with the roof and wing mirror caps though at some point.

And if the weather holds out then the cold air feed hoses i talked about in the last update will probably be getting fitted either tomorrow or over the weekend now i have an idea of where to feed them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 22

Feels like its been a while (a week or so lol) since i have done an update so thought i would add something.
    Its not an update on the car its self but none the less, its still to do with the car.

I have seen a few people posting videos of what there car sounds like so thought why not lol.

The last one is probably better.

This is with windows up.
    Not much of a video as such because its mainly just black screen and more just to hear the sound of it.

And with windows down.

Let me know what you think anyway..
    And what you think of previous updates as well

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 23

So today was a good day, nice and sunny but still a bit chilly so I went out, got a load of stuff doing that i have been meaning to do for ages, came back and still had a little spare time so thought i would give the car a quick clean.

After that I still had a little bit of time left so thought i would give the cold air feed pipes a shot.
    I managed to squeeze them in (just about) but couldn't mount the duct where i originally planned (left of the bottom grill) and had to mount it diagonally on the right behind the mesh trying not to cut off too much in front of the radiator.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 24

So a bit of a crappy update on my behalf

I managed to get a small tare on my sun strip a couple of weeks ago but i just ignored it.
    Anyway with it being windy and me being on a national speed limit road against the wind i noticed the tare slowly getting bigger and bigger
    Then as i was going round a bend the wind pulled the sun strip half off, i couldn't stop where i was so had to carry on, it was flapping against the windscreen like a bugger, really loud and annoying then suddenly it went quiet because it had been pulled off and was flying away in the wind

So now I'm without a sun strip and in two minds what to do...

1) Should i get another plain black one the same as what i had?
    OR
    2) Should i cut a strip off the black carbon wrap i have and use that to be a bit different?

Let me know what you all think i should do because I'm in two minds and don't like it without a sun strip...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 25

Just a quick update on what i have ordered.

Black fly eyes tints for front lights
    Internal ariel so i can get rid of the one on the roof
    New battery cover as i dont really like the standard one
    New coilover wrenches because i don't have any

Anyway i will post some pics up when they arrive and some more of them when fitted

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 26

So my internal areal and battery cover arrived today.

Not had time to fit them as yet but here is some pics of them before being fitted.

I will post some pics of them when fitted.
    I'm just waiting on my fly eyes kit and coilover wrenches to come now then I can be getting on with a few updates over the weekend..

I also have 2 ideas for my front lights (apart from the black fly eyes kit) but not sure how it will turn out..
    The first idea should be pretty straight forward (I hope).
    The 2nd one will come shortly after but I'm not too sure if i will be able to do quite so easily...
    I wont say what they are just yet and will leave it as a surprise for when i post the updates

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 27

So last night i cut a piece of carbon wrap ready to use as a sun strip and as it wasn't raining on my lunch break i decided to stick it on, when i was half way through doing this my Fly Eyes kit arrived, i didn't have time to fit the Fly Eyes today but plan on doing it over the weekend.

So just a couple of pics of today's progress

And i know the cars filthy but I'm afraid it cant be helped during the week due to the dirt track into work and then the works car park surface etc.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 28

OK, so I wont have any time to do anything to the car over the weekend unfortunately but I managed to find a spare hour today (my lunch break) so thought I would put my fly eyes on and my battery cover.

Here's the pics

And again, i know the cars filthy in the pics but it was on my lunch break so didn't have time for a quick wash.

Oh and i was bored last night so started messing with an app on my phone and ended up with this. (not perfect i know but i was half asleep and just messing around with it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 29

Not really an update as much as me being bloody stupid...

I forgot to change my bulbs back from my 100w bulbs down to my 55w bulbs when i put my fly eyes kit on and was running round at night so didn't notice till just before when i went out to my car..
    ... bit peed off with myself to be honest because i will now need a new N/S headlight and a new piece of fly eyes due to this happening..

I have now changed the bulbs back but still going to need some 35w ones as thats what fly eyes reccomends so that this doesnt happen..
    Was a bloody bugger swapping the bulbs over in the rain as well because the metal clip had come off on both sides and i was stood in the pissing down rain messing about with each one trying to get them clipped back in correctly..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 30

OK, so earlier on in the progress thread I said I had a surprise for my lights but due to the lens melting (previous update) I have had to put it on hold until I have some spare money for new angel eyes.

Seen as I couldn't do what I had planned I decided to do something else I had been thinking of doing...
    ...Some carbon eyebrows to match the bonnet.

Here's the pics

I think I will be doing this again when I eventually get my replacement angel eyes (when money is available) but I will probably be doing them on more of an angle for a more aggressive look.

Oh and these arrived as well today..

I will be lowering it some more in the near future now that i have these
    It might not be practical but it will look good

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 31

Got my gas bonnet lifters through yesterday and fitted one of them, the other side will be fitted once i have a spare bit of time, possibly over the weekend.

here's a couple of pics.

Before fitting them i had this:

Then my trusty stick snapped and i was using this:

Then came the gas strut

And finally just a couple pics of my lights through the fly eyes and eyebrow vinyl

sorry about the blurry pic lol

And that's about it for this update

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 32

Yesterday was a good day so I decided to get up early get some breakfast and start some work on my car.
    I had a few plans because I had a full day and there was no forcast of rain etc.

It didn't go so easy though and I only managed to get one thing done which i still don't know if i have done correctly or not..

I set out at 8:30am to start getting my coilovers off to take the helper springs out and get the front end lowered a little more..
    .. however this ended up taking me until 6:00pm to finish doing.

How does a simple task take so long you ask?

Well first of all I ended up destroying a ratchet trying to get my wheels off (a wheel spanner doesn't fit in the bolt holes) so I had to go and buy a new one and this took up a bit of time out of the day.

Then I had to go to a garage and get them to loosen the wheels off with an air gun, also taking a tad more time out of my day.

When I then got home and got the wheels off I started to loosen the drop link and low and behold it was threaded and the alen key bit was also rounded. I tried to get this off for about an hour and half (don't really have the correct tools to re thread it etc.) then suddenly realized it was cracked at the top as well so came to the conclusion I would have to buy a new one.
    I then managed to get a lift to go get a new drop link, again unexpected journeys and time out the day.
    Got back home (again) and decided to have one last quick go at getting it off, this didnt work and it just ended up with it snapping where it was cracked so I just took a hack saw to it because I was a bit peed off and had a new one anyway.
    Here's a few pics of it..

And I know my arches are filthy, one of my plans was to get the car all cleaned and polished up etc. but that just never ended up happening..

anyway..

After getting the droplink off I continued on only to find that the next bolt (securing the bottom of the coilover in place) was pretty damn secure and the dirt/grit dint help too much so went to work on getting it cleaned off.
    After cleaning them I tried again to get the bolt off and ended up snapping the bloody spanner so instead of getting mad at the spanner for snapping and then trying to use different tools to do the job (knowing i still had the other side to tackle) I wanged another lift to go and get some better tools (again took time off the day)
    After getting back (and still not for the last time) I continued on. I still struggled to get the b*stard of a bolt loosened off but managed to it (finally).

I then struggled to loosen the top of the coilover (under bonnet) but managed to get it off without breaking anything.

I went at getting the coilover out and because i was doing this on my own I had the driveshaft to pop out as well (easy to do) and gearbox oil all over the damn floor.

After propping the driveshaft back in I then then took the helper spring out the coilover and started putting the coilover back in and bolting it all up etc. and all was going good until I find that when taking the droplink out of the box I had been given the wrong one (a really short one but in a big box).

So again, I cotched a lift to go get the drop link swapped for the correct one and also got some gearbox oil while i was at it.
    After finally getting home for the last time and with the correct part I went at bolting it on and all was good for that side.

Instead of tackling the other side i decided to try and fit the 2nd bonnet lifter.

Decided it was taking too much time up taking pics of every step so stopped.
    But after fitting it I soon realized I couldn't shut my bonnet...
    ..This is because its fiberglass and the force of the bonnet lifters are too strong.
    I learnt this the hard way because I ended up cracking the underside of my bonnet on 1 of the bolts that hold it in (on the passenger side) so I had to remove the gas strut i just put in

Because it was about 3:30pm (ish) by this point and I was having such a crap day and was also starving I decided to take a break and go and make some food and sit and chill out a bit while I ate it.

This did wonders because when I came back to the car to tackle the passenger side coilover everything seemed so easy and straight forward, I still managed to lose some more gearbox oil on the floor but i wasn't too bothered because i had some that i bought earlier.

It ended up taking about an hour to get the passenger side coilover off, spring out, coilover back in and refill the gearbox oil.

Anyway that's how it took so damn long to do a simple job...

Although im still not convinced i have done it correctly as it seems to sit higher now than what it originally was..

A before pic (not taken on the same day)

And a pic after driving round for a couple of hours after it had been done to try and settle the spring a bit.

And just a pic through the archgap of the helper spring removed

I think i should have left the collar off as well (between the helper spring and main spring) but i can do that a different day if needs be.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 33

Decided to take my ariel off today and try and fit my internal one but a bit of a fail because I cant fit the internal one due to needing an adapter and nowhere is open.
    I tried halfrauds but they don't have it.

So for now I'm left with no ariel, not that i really mind because i don't listen to the radio all that much and i should have it sorted by the end of next week anyway.

For now i have just used a rubber grommet to close the hole on the roof, I will be getting the roof vinyl wrapped when i have a little bit of spare money so this will be covered anyway.

Oh and i gave the car its weekly clean as well.

Here's a few quick snaps.

Thinking of taking the sticker off above the exhaust but not sure just yet..

Anyway, that's about it for this update.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 34

Work wasn't busy today so i managed to wangle half the day off to try and see what the knocking noise was i have been having after taking the helper springs out.

I couldn't see anything obvious as to what it could be so while it was jacked up and the wheel was off I decided to take the divider out as well (the bit that normally goes in between the main spring and the helper spring) incase it was that which some of you suggested it could be on a different thread.

This is when i spotted what the problem is (still not fixed because no spare moneys ). There is a knackered bushing causing the arm to knock when going over bumps so i will be sorting this out at the beginning of next month when i have been paid.

Anyway..
    Here is the result after taking the divider out.

I did then attempt to take the adjusters out the back to get it sitting a little lower too but I failed miserably..
    They are stuck on for good, no movement what so ever in them..
    Even took them off completely, got them in the vice, and tried hammering the hook spanner to get it to move the adjuster but still no luck on them moving, then used an extension bar on the hook spanner things for more leverage and again still no luck..
    Ended up just damaging the tooth holes on the adjusters

Rounded a bit on the bottom adjuster bit

And screwed up a couple on the top one as well..

I decided to call it a day after that and just put it back on and leave the rear sitting how it is.

I then decided to do a quick vid of my exhaust once i had it all put back together.
    It's not the best vid and doesn't do it any justice because it sounds a bit louder and totally different in person to be fair..
    You can also here the famous VTS whine more than anything else but hey..

I will try and get a better vid at some point if i remember.

And that's about it for todays update.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 35

Not really an update as such but as some of you have probably noticed the progress has slowed some what..
    this is due to me being made redundant and not having any spare money what so ever..

I am still keeping the C2 and can just about manage to afford running costs and insure it, hopefully it wont be too long until i find a new job then i can get it finished off but until then progress will be on hold.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 36

Another update, but this time with a bit of good news and another bit of bad news..

Good news is I managed to pick up some white rims for fairly cheep, they need refurbing but with having no job I cant afford to do it at the minuet.
    Plus I shouldn't have spent money buying them and getting the tyres swapped over but hey ho.
    anyways, here's the rims.

Also got some spigot rings for them (no pics) and some flush valves to be fitted when the tyres get put on.

I will post pics of the rims and valves when fitted, either later tonight or tomorrow at some point.

Anyway, the bad news is that i curbed my car trying to park..
    .. but not on the rims.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 37

Ok so I didnt manage to get either my rims or the valves fitted..

Long story short, 97.60 down, repairs to be done and all with nothing to gain what so ever...

Short story long..

I paid 5 for the flush valves, 32.60 for some new bolts and 40 for the new valves to be fitted along with the tyres to be swapped from my current rims to my new rims.

Upon inflating the tyres 2 of the 4 valves blew up (1 worse than the other) so the guy then had to swap them for normal rubber ones which worked fine..

When fitting the first wheel on we found there was too much pressure being put on the bolts alone (bolts where going through the rims, through the 20mm spacer and into the hub) causing the bolt threads to become flattened and in the process threading one ofthe bolt holes in the hub..

After this the guy doing it all said he didnt want to go any further because he doesn't want the same to happen on the rest of the hubs..

My only options then where to either tell him to risk it with the rest of the wheels which I didnt fancy doing that as it could have been a more expensive route to go down.
    OR
    To just swap the tyres back to the original wheels and use the original bolts (bolts have fatter head and of a shorter length so wouldn't fit new wheels).

So I opted for the tyre change to original wheels rout as the safer, cheaper option, this time only costing 20 for swapping the 4 tyres rather than the 40 it should have cost.

And now I'm back to square 1 with money lost and a damaged hub that can only hold 3 bolts rather than the 4 it should do..

Anyway, to fix this problem and get the new wheels fitted I have to first buy a new hub to replace the threaded one, spend time fitting the new one, buy some bolt on spacers to take some pressure off the bolts themselves, buy some new bolts/nuts depending on the type of spacers i get and then fork out for another tyre swap on all 4 wheels...

So all in all its not been he best update by far..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 38

Been a while since I have been on here but thought I would update as I have done a few little things have happened.

So first off I got some different (better) spacers, I kept the front the same width and brought the rears out a little more (from 15mm to 25mm each side).
    I was planning on putting the white rims i had (previous updates) onto these but soon found out that the stud pattern wasnt 4x108 as i was told and that's why my bolts where getting flattened when fitting them previously.
    so Im stuck with the ones that are on it for now..

Anyway, here are some pics of the rear wheels further out.

I also had a quick paint of the brake calipers, well the front ones as i had to get finished and go out.
    While i was there I swapped my bolts, my center caps and also dropped the front end a bit as well.
    I now have to totally avoid speed bumps, parking on my drive and parking on any kirbs because my front end just catches and bends my bumper... (looks better lower though so its fine).

Bit of a rush job on the painting..

When I get a bit more time i will be sorting the back end out as well so i will update again then.

As always, comments, feedback etc. is always welcome (good or bad).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

comments please people

i just keep editing the post with updates so keep an eye on it.

would like to know what you all think and any advice you all have as well.

Thanks

C2 Addict Advanced Poster Liamjrhodes is on a distinguished road Liamjrhodes's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT

Crying out for black rear lights! Split them and paint all the chrome black and would look perfect fot the car
    Calling all Yorkshire members! Join here for regular meets Yorkshire French Modified

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

i have some carbon wrap on its way, might see if i can wrap the insides instead of painting for something a little different to the norm.

what do you think?

could be a little too tricky to do myself though..

Full Member Craigthompson is on a distinguished road Craigthompson's Avatar
    C2 Model
    1.4 Furio (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Liamjrhodes View Post
    Crying out for black rear lights! Split them and paint all the chrome black and would look perfect fot the car
    i have these fitted to my car. blend in alot with the black paint. oem ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C2...item3a7cd200b7

take a look at my progress thread if you want to see them on a black c2. Welcome to the club
    Black C2 Furio 1.4 Now gone but not forgotten

> Progress Thread <

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

used to have these black mirrored ones on my rover 200 lol

found that the light didn't come through enough though and people where forever getting too close when i braked, also i couldn't see where i was going when i reversed as next to no light came through.

on the other hand they did look really nice so i might just buy some for this car lol, i really don't like the Lexus style ones i have on at the minuet.

Lite Member c2mat is on a distinguished road c2mat's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Citroen C2 - VTS 2006

I would either go for these or standard lights tbh > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C2...item416b1172cc
    Sport Red C2 VTS - 17" OZ Racing GT's, Cituning /Raceland suspension lowered 75mm, Full Milltek exhaust, Smoothed Boot, Prosport Gauges, GT Grill, Pressed Plates.....

http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?1...ally-got-a-C2-

Check out my website > http://www.tlcbikes.com

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

yeah, i think im going to save up and get the black rear lights with the red reflector stripe in them, that way it will still be road legal.
    i got pulled in my rover for not having reflectors on the back, hence the stick on ones at the bottom of boot (pic on my previous post)

Member Regular Poster Adam R is on a distinguished road

Proper Chav mobile that is lol
    05 VTS Silver

Full Member jakewhitehead is on a distinguished road jakewhitehead's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT #0139

Quote Originally Posted by Adam R View Post
    Proper Chav mobile that is lol
    +1

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

each to their own..

i like it and its mine, that's all that matters, if anyone else likes it then its a bonus.

i don't like what some people have done to theirs but i can appreciate the work gone into them

Lite Member Osian23 is on a distinguished road Osian23's Avatar
    C2 Model
    C2 VTS

not keen on the lights and wheels but tidy car any plan for a sound system to replace the back seats?

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

i like my wheels and the front lights but not too keen on my back ones so i think that's the next thing to be changed.
    as for a sound system it will have to wait a little while as funds are limited at the minuet but its definitely in my plans

and thanks for the feedback

Full Member Jonno27 is on a distinguished road Jonno27's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Jaguar X Type 2.0 D Sport saloon

I think those wheels look cool. I agree with you on the rear lights, they look good on Peugeot 206 but don't suit the c2. I think your plans for the lights will work well with the car

Put it back to standard, it'll look better.

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

thanks for the feedback

back lights definitely need to be changed but that can only happen when funds are available lol

Full Member Jonno27 is on a distinguished road Jonno27's Avatar
    C2 Model
    Jaguar X Type 2.0 D Sport saloon

Yes I know that feeling. Bought some white 16" GT wheels Sunday and can't fit them yet as cant afford the tyres lol

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

Lol, its bad times when funds are are short.

I need a second income so i can mod some more lol

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

A few more Updates on the car, only tiny ones but its something to add..

Also what do you all think to me putting red LED's where the 3 are in the headlights?

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

Thinking of changing the colour theme, what should i go for?
    Black/Red
    Black/White
    Black/Blue

What do you all think?

Want to try and make it a little different though by changing things that people don't often change like the mesh colour and side strips etc.

I have asked for a Photoshop on a different thread to see what it will be like if anyone wants to do one please?
    http://c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?2...otoshop-please

If not then all opinions and suggestions for the theme would still be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lite Member aaronfife is on a distinguished road aaronfife's Avatar
    C2 Model
    GT #1352

I think it will be too much. Red and black can look good but red mesh will be to grand. Only my opinion mind! Just keep it how it is

C2 Model
    2005 C2 VTS

yeah, i just updated my post because i have seen black/red done before too many times and it can look over the top really easy.

i like things to be different and to do things different so thats why i was thinking to colour the mesh etc. as not many people do it.

im leaning more towards the black/white theme to match my halo rings and eventually bright white HID's etc.

although i tried a black/blue theme on my beemer and that worked well i think.

i appreciate your opinion anyway

Full Member C2ben is on a distinguished road C2ben's Avatar
    C2 Model
    MK1 VTS

I know where that car was before you bought it I live around the corner from the previous owner never seen or spoke to them though lol. It was sat on there drive for a while. Kept wanting to go make a new c2 friend but never dared lmao.
    C2ben

Progress Thread
    Coming Soon...

+ Reply to Thread